Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, December 2, 2012

25 Days of Christmas #2

The decorating has begun.  I used to be much more efficient about it.  These past couple of years I've learned to take some time.  It will take me a couple of days and I'll listen to nice music.  In the end, it will be just like I want it to be.

If I didn't get sidetracked by things, I suppose I could do it all in one day.  Such things are not in my nature anymore.

I used to put every decoration and ornament we own out.  Not anymore.  This first day was devoted to hauling it all down from the attic, figuring out what I want and then sending the rest back up.  Still...there are boxes everywhere.  And every cleaned off flat surface hosts a strange collection of unrelated decor.  I'll get there...if I don't lose interest.  ;-)







This is the "Bucket List Sweater". (An example of getting sidetracked?)  The yarn is grey rather than silver and I'm planning on finishing it by spring.  We'll see.  I'd like to say I'm using some high end yarn worthy of a bucket list sweater, but I'm not.  Because I have a history of buying supplies and not finishing projects.  And I've never made a sweater before.  If it turns out I can actually make a sweater, I'll buy the yarn I'm drooling over for the next one.