Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, August 23, 2014

Dirty Girl

The Saturday morning after my first week back at work.  5:30.  Rain forecasted all day.  It was my idea, but I was wondering why when I dragged out of bed before light.
 Someone who has done this before told us you have to tape your shoes on or they will get sucked into a mud pit along the route.
 It wasn't exactly raining at the VERY beginning.  I think it had drizzled and then stopped.  We had already been there for two hours before the first wave of runners and I do know there was a brief period of "not raining".
 What you should know about this picture:  We volunteered for a 5 hour stint checking gear prior to running.  There was a period of time where we stood in a deluge of rain.  For 30 minutes.  The temp was hovering around 60.  Not my favorite part of the day, by a longshot.  For at least six hours, we were wet to the bone.  And cold.  What you should also know is that if you (Well, maybe not you.) stand next to someone who probably doesn't break 105 clothed and soaking wet, it will be readily apparent you haven't seen 105 in awhile.  Like 25 years, lol.

 Checking gear. 
 Lots of costumes today.  The run fundraised for breast and ovarian cancer.  I did not see a single ovary themed costume.  Just sayin'.

 Alicia and her friends before the race.
 Lining up.
 Go.  This is probably where I should come clean and just say I pretty much walked the course.  That's as far as I took it.  I was already wet and cold.  Someone needed to take pictures. (That's my typical excuse, lol.) And,  School starts Monday.  I have those herniated discs in my back which pretty much always cause pain.  I was nervous about aggravating them further since they frown on teachers not showing up for work.  This was half run, half obstacle course.  I didn't know what to expect.  After witnessing the event, I realize I could have done it and probably been fine.  Totally getting a team together for next year.  Who's in?









 He was in charge of SnapChat, I believe.
Sometimes, I let people take pictures of me.  So there will be proof I am a real, live person and not just some awesome character someone dreamed up.  :-)  Ryan was nice and brought us towels when we called him.  They made nice blankets until they were wet.  This is me.  8 hours in.  Ready to go home.  Still, it was an awesome day.  Will do it again.  Rain or shine.