Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, August 16, 2014

Calvert Cliffs

This place has been on my list of places to go for a long time.  I'm not sure why we've never been over there until today.  Maybe, because I thought I would have to drive over the Bay Bridge to get to it?  (I'm scared a long bridges like that.)  If you haven't been, you should go.  It's an easy hike (3.6 miles total) on a maintained and mostly flat path.  Scenery includes forest, swamp (Marsh?  I don't know the difference between the two.) and eventually a beach on the Chesapeake.  Most people go there to hunt fossils and shark teeth.  We did a little of that, but didn't have much luck finding any.
 The youngest of us is going to be the tallest.
Anyone know what kind of bug does this to trees?








Some little kid trying to be funny.  The hike from parking lot to beach is 1.8 miles.  They wrote this little message 5 minutes before the forest ended and the beach started.