Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, August 9, 2014

Tribute to Princess D

 
If you asked me when we became friends, I wouldn't have an answer for you.  Because, I don't know.  I can't remember how it happened. 
 
How strange is that?  I don't forget anything.  Really.
 
What do I remember?  Looking across the aisle at church and seeing this lady I had absolutely nothing in common with.  She was glittery and princess-y.  Me?  I'm not.  I don't really like any of that stuff. 
 
On the surface, the odds of friendship were not in our favor. 
 
Something happened.  Crinkly plastic.  Front row.  Camp where we listened to music all night long every night for a week while we pretended to sleep on bunks built for children.  "Turn left at the pineapple."  Giant tissue paper flowers. It wasn't a question for the game at her party, but the answer is passion fruit tea.  Venti.  With a Splenda.  Duct tape roses.  Wedding pictures.  She sang to me on my 40th birthday. Journals. Sliced mango with salt and pepper.  Dinner at Ledo's.  Lazy, Sunday breakfast at the Mt. Airy Inn.  It happened in there somewhere...we became friends. 
 
The kind where I feel like I've always known her.  Maybe that's why I can't remember when it happened?
 
The kind I'd never give up for anything in the world.
 
Princess D, I hope you had the best birthday.  I hope it was everything you imagined it would be.  Love you.