Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, August 2, 2014

Road Trip 2014: Nauvoo

We are not Mormon, but I've mentioned I find that religion interesting.  Not from the perspective I'd like to become Mormon (I would not.), just that the history is interesting.  My grandparents live less than two hours from Nauvoo.  I spent my first 13 years in that area.  Somehow, I'd never been there.  Since we'd already seen so many things on this trip regarding the pioneers (including the Mormon's  halfway marker to Zion), it seemed natural this is the year we should make it over there.

No real commentary, just pictures.  Mostly, because I don't want to speak out of turn regarding anything.  I will say we were there for the better part of a day and only saw a small portion of what there was to see.  I'll also say I learned a few things.  I did not know Browning was Mormon.  I also didn't know Brigham Young is recognized as the greatest pioneer of the U.S.  (I do realize I was told this by Mormons, but there is supposedly a statue of him in the rotunda of the U.S. Capitol Building also stating the same.).