Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Friday, November 9, 2012

East Rivendell Farm

 

I wasn't planning on taking any pictures of this place.  I was just going to go in there, get my groceries and go on home.  It was getting dark.  Hmm...couldn't resist.

1.  You all already know I'm picky about knowing where my food comes from and what is in it.

2.  The elections just happened and I've been listening to nearly all of you whine about the economy while you do the bulk of your shopping at Wal-Mart and Big Box Warehouse places.  Hmm....DUH?

3. This place really has nearly enough for you to complete your weekly grocery needs (Unless you want processed crap with unidentifiable ingredients-they don't have that.); chicken, beef, milk, cheese, fruits, vegetables, fresh baked breads, honey, preserves of different types....they even have giftable things like handmade cards, soaps, textiles, lip balms, candles, etc....ALL GROWN AND MADE HERE.  How awesome is that?  Oh.  And they are nice. :-)

4.  Best part?  10 minutes from my house.  Second best part?  Not commercial (while pretending they aren't...no surprise "Made in China" stickers when you get home.) like that other place 10 minutes from my house in the other direction.












I keep a stocked pantry of the basics, so mostly my weekly shopping is just to buy the fresh stuff.  I bought a chicken.  I can't remember the last time I bought a piece of raw meat. 

Dinner=Roasted beet, red quinoa and wilted kale salad with a balsamic reduction and raw pumpkin seeds.  I thought there would be leftovers.  Ummm...totally wrong?  I don't normally cook dinner on Friday nights, but I couldn't resist.