Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Yada Girls

 
Surely, by now, y'all have figured out I'm pretty much out somewhere every night, right?
 
Occasionally, I meet up with adults.
 
I have this little Wednesday group I've been going to for a couple of years: Yada Girls.  (Which sort of morphed into Yada Girls + 1 Guy and now is maybe going to be Yada Girls + A Couple of Guys.  Which is all good... I love it.  :-)  )  On the surface, this group is kind of unstructured (as compared to my other adult group) and loose and you never really know what's going to happen.  Honestly?  There have been times I didn't really know what to do in a group like that.  (Despite all appearances, I need structure.  Or thought I did?  Hmm...who even knows what I need?  Surely, not I.  See?  I'm learning.)  
 
Figuratively (I'm going to use food, because I love food.), I can be starving to death and not even know it.  Sometimes, I get busy and literally forget to eat.  Why should my figurative world be any different?  Sigh...nevermind me.  I know what I'm talking about and am only writing this part down for me, really.  Anyway...sometimes I need someone to remind me to eat.  Even though I love eating.  I know it doesn't make sense, but it is what it is.  For whatever reason, I sometimes don't think about being hungry until someone tells me.  Both figuratively and literally.  Carry on.
 
My friend Nell's house reminds me of an Anthropologie catalog.  I always tell her that.
 
It was a good night.  And I'm glad for the reminder to eat.  Because I am starving.
 








______________________________________________________________________________

Literal dinner=Acorn Squash stuffed with an herbed bread and sauteed onion/kale stuffing.