Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Catching Up




He caught up to me. We are both on our 40th year now.

There is a juice fast in our near futures, which was enough for me to rationalize his annual birthday feast. One of my co-workers tried to shame me into taking him out for dinner; her rationale being he's been eating my food for a long time now. It's too bad I have this policy about refusing to wait for food accompanied by the arrogance I can cook it just as well (or better) myself (in the time it would take to get seated somewhere). He seemed alright with having to eat my cooking yet another night. Mesquite grilled steak and shrimp with roasted garlic potatoes, caramelized onions and baby portobellos and steamed broccoli.

And Boston Cream Pie which is actually the cake I always get on my birthday. It tasted so good then, I decided he could have it for his too. The real truth is his favorite cake is German Chocolate, but I didn't have time to make one and the store didn't have it.

40 next year...that's something to chew on.