Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, April 26, 2012

Comfort Food


I wasn't planning on making an entry like this, but some of you are starting to ask me where I am and where I've been.  Because I've pretty much checked out of real life beyond going to work.

The short answer is my back is hurt.  And it is painful.  After 3 weeks of constant pain (albeit I am no longer in the pain I was in), it is all I can do to go to work.  I wasn't planning on any of this and once it occurred, my plan was to not make it a major event.  I feel like it has become a major event.

Without waxing on an on, it's going to be o.k.  In time.  I have chosen an alternative approach to healing.  Why is it that what seems totally logical is termed "alternative"?  Why is it that insurance doesn't cover what seems logical, but does cover what seems completely illogical?  You know, just go every week to get a steroid shot until eventual surgery?  Oh yeah.  Because there is no money in healed and healthy people.  I'm happy with my choice even though I realize it is not a quick fix.  Be assured, I've already heard I should just go get the shot.  And that annoys me.  I'm not really in the mood to hear it again.  I would not like to just go and get an MRI.  I would not like to just have surgery.  Some of you are crazy...just sayin'.

My dr. assures me I am getting better.  I am intensely tired before the sun goes down and sleep is pretty much instant.  (I have never experienced instant sleep.)  I have ridiculous dreams.  Every night.  I kind of like this part of it.  It's like I've never before slept in my life.

At any rate, that's where I've been.  I am here.  Completely "over" the whole ordeal, but evidently it shall continue for awhile.

Some days are better than others and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the sequence of good days and bad days.

Yesterday was BAD.  Today is better.  I discovered if I continually eat ginger that I can walk upright with just a little limp.  I guess it's good I like ginger?

Even so, I called off the back end of today.  All I did was go to work and then to my dr.  I didn't take anyone anywhere. I did not run any errands.  I did not clean anything.

I made a nice pot of black bean chili to go along with some delicious bread.  I didn't bother to tell my kids it was vegan, because I wanted them to eat it.  They did.

There is this one other benefit...Let's say I was thinking about ice cream.  All I have to do is mention it and somebody will go and get me some.  You know what's coming next...