Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spring Project #1-Complete

In my mind, I had this picture of the finished project. This looks nothing like I was imagining, because, I started looking around (There was so much junk in there. My room seems to be the catch-all for all the stuff we don't know what to do with when we clean other parts of the house. Read: We just move crap around when we clean.)and there were all these things I wanted to keep that didn't match my picture of some Mediterranean themed space. It's all good...it's clean and decluttered and peaceful. But, yeah, it doesn't look like what I was planning on doing.

I need curtains.

The tour (Sorry about the lighting. It's an old house and natural light is lacking in spots.):



I'm not really into Precious Moments figurines (or pretty much any of those types of statues), but I once was. A really long time ago when we were first married. We would look at them when we were at the mall and sometimes Ryan would buy them for me. On our first roadtrip, he took me here on our way back from St. Louis to Oklahoma City. I guess I keep them around, because I'm sentimental. It's only been 19 years, but that world seems like a long, long time ago.

The quilt is from my Great Grandma Boone. She made it for her hopechest before getting married in 1930.


Normal people would have "His" and "Hers" or something boring like that monogramed on their shams or something. Not me. I've got a fox mask and fairy wings. This room decor was not intentional. I bought them to wear as costumes to the fairy festival, which is awesome, but then we stopped going. Because Jac always seems to have a lacrosse game or six that weekend. I hung them there, because I needed them to be somewhere and there were already two nails in the wall. And then decided I like them there.


This house was built in 1959 and I guess people didn't value closets during that time. Or bathrooms big enough to add any sort of storage device. My Grandpa Ed made this little cupboard for Alicia's play kitchen. But, she's too big for all of that now and it works perfectly to store away all that bathroom stuff that has no other place to be.


Jac's baptism gown (in very poor lighting). Every marriage has some secrets. I think mine only has one...the amount of money I spent on the lace for this gown. There is no way I am ever divulging that, because even 11 years later, the figure is astounding. It's French. The bottom piece looks like a single piece. It's not. It's a few rows of laces sewn together.

Of everything I have ever sewn, this is my hands down favorite. And I want to look at it all the time. It's one of those things I look at and marvel that I made it. Should I mention it took grand prize at the fair? Some other world I used to live in...