Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Monday, March 12, 2012

Breakfast Bars

One of my kid doesn't like breakfast all of the time. The other one likes breakfast some of the time. Neither of them like oatmeal unless it's the kind with flourescent dinosaur eggs in it; the kind I'm pretty much opposed to (most of the time).

They do, however, like cookies, cake and anything that resembles a dessert-like dish.

We occasionally have a banana problem (I bought more than we wanted to eat and now they are brown.) I used to make banana bread. But they all swear they hate it now. Hmm...I don't like it, myself.

The obvious solution to all of this was some recipe I found for "Breakfast Cookies". I'm pretty much too lazy to make individual cookies, so mine are bars.

They ate it.

The recipe could not be easier.



Combine 3 ripe/mashed bananas with a cup of applesauce. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats, a handful of Craisin, a handful of nuts and however much cinnamon you feel like putting in. Spread in a 9x11 pan. (I sprayed mine with a little oil.) Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.

I'm guessing this is one of those things you could hide all kinds of good stuff in.