Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, December 13, 2012

25 Days of Christmas #13

 
Is it too late to be thinking about sewing a Christmas dress?
 



That's sort of a rhetorical question. 

1.  I'm not into holiday themed clothing.

2.  I don't think I'm going anywhere that would require such a thing.

But...

1. I just realized I don't have a single winter dress that fits me other than a couple of those knit numbers from Land's End.  What if I decide to go somewhere that calls for something a little better?  Something a little more tailored to the body than the frocks I have which resemble  t-shirts more than they do dresses.

2. I have fabric.  It doesn't scream "Christmas" or anything, but I have enough to make a dress.   And a pattern that I've been oogling for probably 2 years while it lay on my table.  I like the idea of this dress.  A lot.  I've been afraid to make it, because I don't want to be disappointed if it once again turns out to be something I love that wasn't made for my body.  Thinking maybe I should get over that.

So, is it too late?  I don't think so.  If I don't finish it...whatever.  It's not like I'm going anywhere.  :-)

Tomorrow, I'll return to peppermints and cookies and all of that stuff.  By then, I'll be a day behind and will be posting today's activities tomorrow.  But, no worries...I'm so busy tomorrow I won't even be home to do anything festive, let alone post about it.  Should be all caught up by Saturday.

Getting ready to take my 6 favorite teenagers to the mall for dinner and shopping. :-)