Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, December 16, 2012

25 Days of Christmas #16

My first thought is "Whoa. How can it be the 16th already?" 
 

 





Last year, my girl E said "I didn't figure you for one of those lame people who send out newsletters." Sorry girl. You are friends with one of those lame people. :-)

Movie night, Nutter Butter reindeer (that I don't even have to be the maker of anymore), forcing the dog to wear holiday accessories...it's all about traditions around here. 

P.S.  Movie night always involves the retelling of our childhoods when there were only 3 channels and cartoons were not a 24/7 opportunity.  It seems everyone in my generation waited impatiently every year for Charlie Brown specials and then the whole family gathered 'round.  Charlie Brown was a big deal.  I guess you probably have to be in your mid-late 30's or older to remember that.  The kids always look at us like we are saying "used to walk 100 miles barefoot and in the snow...". 

I've been dreaming about a decent sandwich all day.  The kind other people make.  Couldn't talk anyone into driving to get me one.  In their defense, it would be a 30 minute drive to any option who sells what I wanted.  In the end, I sucked it up and drove uptown to get the stuff I needed.  Best sandwich ever.  Or, at least today...the day I was consumed by good sandwich thoughts.  :-)

12 grain bread, roasted garlic and chive hummus, avocado, tomato, cucumber, red onion, vegan monterey jack and alfalfa sprouts.  There was some huge dilemma over the hummus, because horseradish mustard is sooo good.  Tomorrow, it will be the mustard.