Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Friday, June 1, 2012

No Turning Back


My plan was to go to the fabric store after work to get some thread so I could reconstruct with the new fabric what I took apart last night.

That plan was interrupted by some storms that rolled up.  I could have done it still, but I got caught in a quandry of whether or not I should go get my kid from school so he would be with me and then safe at home instead of on the bus during a tornado or getting the thread.  Couldn't do both.  In the end, I chose the kid.

So, no sewing.  Tomorrow, I'll go get some thread.

I'm to the tearing apart stage that marks the point where it is too late to turn back. 

Ryan is pretending it isn't happening; I suspect.

Jacob keeps wandering by wanting the stuff I take off.  (He's the kind of packrat who engineers stuff with the random junk he collects.)  I keep telling him he can't have any of it.  But, I just know he's sneaking old staples out of the trash when I'm not looking.

Alicia is kind of like me and doesn't hesistate to just say what it is.  "I feel like this is going to be one of those projects you start and then never come back to and then what are we going to do about the couch?"  I'm all for being real.  She knows me.  Keep talking Girlie...it will be motivation for me to prove you wrong and actually finish a project.  This project.

I've realized taking off old fabric is like taking up old carpet.  You don't really realize how disgusting and dirty it is until you start taking it off.  Blech.

No food pictures tonight.  Friday night is often "Junkfood Friday" here.  You don't need to see that.