Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Ambitiously Large Project #2


I recruited Ryan for disassembly.  Mostly, so he could also see how this thing goes together.  In case I forget.  He says that bed has to come out.  I think I could manage with it in, but he's going to want to take it out.  It's not the taking it out that's the issue.  It's the getting it back in.  I don't have a lot of faith in that.

It's nice to know the innards of a couch consist primarily of plywood, huh?  Lane made this furniture.  I've heard there are couches with cardboard middles.


I ripped all bazillion pieces from the cushion apart.  Seriously, it was a lot of pieces.  Pinned them on the new fabric and cut out new pieces.


All day later, I have one cushion done.  If it looks a little wonky, it's because it's a little wonky.  I guess I could fix it, but I don't even know how to get it right.  I have an idea once the whole thing is done.  There were a couple of random stitches that didn't make sense on the origninal.  Maybe, they were to control wonky-ness.  I dunno.  At any rate, while I'm annoyed it isn't perfect, I'm cool with the outcome considering it was my first attempt.

Part of the reason it took all day is because I topstitched all the seams.


Dinner.  I didn't even feel like eating.  But...that probably was limited to me.  So, I made a quick salad.  Pretty sure you've seen it before.