Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, June 9, 2012

Progress


Week 1 Progress Report?

I'm trying to do a little bit each day.  Because all the places on the internet keep telling me a chair will take 2 months.  This project is way bigger than a chair and I don't have 2 months.  Well, I suppose I do.  I just know that anything that drags on like that historically loses my interest.  Losing interest would be bad.

So, this is where I am right now.  There are many errors.  Some fixable, some (probably fixable) I'm not going to mess with.  Because, well...my standards are low enough to be able to live with them.  I stapled the back cushion too tight in that spot and will loosen it later.

The arm is not attached to the rest of the couch.  Actually, the finished portion of the arm is barely attached to the arm.  The arm was hard.  I ripped the same seams multiple times.  It's not perfect, but yeah...it is what it is.  I'm kind of wishing there was not another arm.  It will be higher when it attaches (if  you are wondering why you are seeing light between the arm and the back).

I do feel like I should say that I'm on my 4th spool of thread.  All of those internet sites say it's mostly a stapling job.  Not this couch.  Sewing, sewing, sewing...

I've made 2 other pillows.  I know my zigs and zags could have been matched up at the seams....I just didn't feel like bothering with them.  And I was trying to conserve fabric for something else.


Did I cook anything this week?  I feel like I haven't made dinner in a long time.  For some reason, I'm just not interested in dinner lately.  Which means we've mostly been eating junk for a week.  I skipped out on lacrosse today, so figured I should have dinner together for Ryan who had to be out there ALL day.  We'll be out there all day again tomorrow...just sayin' I was appreciative he took care of all that today and let me stay home to lounge about and whatnot.

Curried chickpeas and tofu with cucumbers and brown rice