Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Midnight Project









These past few days have been full.  Like "I'm not even in my house during the daylight hours" full.

This morning, Jac and I were in the blueberry fields by 8:30.  We picked a gallon and then had to leave due to other appointments; chiropractor, thrift shopping for camp costumes with Alicia and then the rest of the day was at the pool.

So hot today.  Uncomfortably hot.  Summer must really be here.  Finally.

One of these days, I'll show you pictures of my whole garden.  Right now, it's a mess.  Because I'm never home to mess around with it.  My neighbor's garden is all big and beautiful and growing out of control...mine?  It's coming along.  It went in late due to my back. 

I think the peas are pretty much done.  I pulled out most of the vines tonight.  Perhaps, I'll be inspired by that last little harvest for dinner tomorrow night. 

I spied a baby squash.

Rhubarb...I hated that stuff as a kid.  Like, really hated it.  Rhubarb and gooseberries.  Which reminds me, I now wish I had a gooseberry bush (even though I'm pretty sure I'm still not a fan of them).  Back to the rhubarb...I bought a plant of it a few years ago.  Because I like the way it looks growing.  Evidently it cannot be killed, because that plant sat on my deck for maybe 2-3 years in a deadlike state in the container it came in.  A year or two ago, it sprung a leaf and I threw it in the garden.  Now, it's outgrown the spot I gave it.  And suddenly I'm wondering about what I can do with rhubarb.

My midnight project involves rhubarb.  You will have to wait for it.

Ryan's dinner was a bunch of stir fried vegetables.  The kids ate vegan-ish spaghetti.  With sauce containing high fructose syrup.  Hope they enjoy it now, because once all my million tomato plants start producing...