Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Monday, June 4, 2012

Painted Rooster

I had this whole story mapped out in my mind. I was going to share it, because it came upon me suddenly and contained an analogy that makes total sense. I'm not going to, though, because the main characters are me and the dog and perhaps it isn't all that smart to start comparing myself to the dog on a public blog. I think that pretty much illustrates how ready for summer I really am.

Only a few days of school left...



If I said we had rice and beans for dinner (because all vegans must, at some point, eat rice and beans, right?), it doesn't sound all that exciting, does it? What if I said we had Painted Rooster? The Nicaraguans got that one right. :-) The presentation is a little unconventional, but it is what it is....Painted Rooster. The rice is a mix of brown and black rices, because that is what we had.

Despite the fun name, the kids hated it. Surprise.