Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, June 3, 2012

Chirp

Sunday nights usually bring me to a place where I'm frantically running around trying to figure out Monday.  Not tonight.  Most productive weekend ever (or in a long time), physically and mentally (though mentally I'm still chewing on a couple of things).  This has been a day of cleaning stuff and thinking about stuff and making stuff and listening to stuff (when I wasn't planning on doing any listening).  I wish every day could be like this day.  This Sunday night, I will sleep well.  On freshly washed sheets.  :-)


The craziest thing ever...I was sewing deep in the recesses of my basement when this bird flew in and landed on my sewing machine.  It was being chased by a cat, but still.  It's just a baby and was evidently terrified into calmness.  Alicia put it in a tree outside and it stayed in that spot all day.  If we would have had a cage, I'd have kept it a couple of days to make sure it was alright, but we don't.  So, back out it had to go.


When one does not have a couch to sit on, one should make throw pillows.  In my defense, I just made one.  It's supposed to be a birdcage.

I put a zipper right in the middle of the back.  I'm sure there's a way to do it at the edge seam, but I put roping (that you can't even really see in these pictures) around the edge and didn't feel like trying to figure out how to put a zipper and roping in the same seam.  I can sort of wrap my mind around it...maybe the next one.


Dinner...such a sandwich-y kind of weekend.  I think I'm getting tired of food, but (if history is indicative) that will pass.  Beer bread with flax and pumpkin seeds with a white bean/garlic/rosemary spread and cucumbers.  And watermelon.