Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, June 4, 2011

Yard Sale Scores

I wasn't planning on going yard sale-ing today. I really wasn't. I was planning on going to Jac's lacrosse game and was up at 5 a.m. to do so. And then I got a stomach ache. I stayed home.

After about 4 more hours of sleep, I was ready to conquer the world. Sort of. The world of Girl Scouts; which is a world that occasionally demands conquering or, at the very least, demands sucking it up and dealing with their legalistic non-sense in the name of buying the awards the girls earned. Don't get me wrong, I support the Girl Scout program. I've been a Girl Scout for 30 something years. It's the organizational bureuacracy that gets to me. Anyway, that is done. And I was sort of good in the doing part of it.

I was rewarded by a plethora of yard sales on the way and the reminder I NEED crazy prom dresses for Al and I for FUSE Camp. I found some dresses which have good bones, but have some issues. 1. They aren't that crazy, so will need some doctoring up. 2. I can fit in the dress I bought Al (except it's too short) and I'm 1/2" too big around for mine to zip up. (But I have a plan for that. Al is 40-50lbs smaller and a few inches shorter than me, so you may be having a hard time imagining how this is going to work out. It's going to work out. Stay tuned.


I've been looking for "Recipes for a Small Planet" for awhile. This one needs a little tape (which means it was previously very loved), but I was happy to see it. It's previous owner was so happy I was happy that she pushed the other two books upon me. I didn't argue about it.


It's a couple of sizes too big, so what? (If you are a non-sewist, I feel the need to share pattern sizing is way different than sizing in stores. This pattern is probably closer to a size 12 and I'll need to alter it down to an 8-ish.) I have a thing for matching coats (coats in general, actually) and after the disaster of Colette's Lady Gray, I've been in the market for a straight coat (that doesn't flare out in places that make me look like a pear). Surely I can whittle 2 inches off the waist and bust, right? Circa 1966.