Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

The typical Father's Day pictures are first.
And then it gets a little weird.
If you don't watch iCarly, then you have no idea what this is about. Jac has been asking for spaghetti tacos for forever. I have not obliged, because the idea of spaghetti tacos disgusts me.
If you've never tried to load spaghetti into a taco shell, it's not as easy as you'd think. I broke the first shell trying to do it.
If you are imagining eating spaghetti out of shell and thinking that might be a bit messy, you are correct. It was messy. He ate two of them.
I conceded on the tacos because I was making "Honey and Wasabi Grilled Shrimp" for Ryan's Father's Day dinner and my kids don't like shrimp. The shrimp are an easy-peasy affair:

Marinate 1 1b of shrimp in 1/8 cup of honey, 1 TBSP of wasabi powder and 1/8 cup of oil for 30 minutes. Grill until shrimp are done. Sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and serve on jasmine rice. (I had 1/2 red onion that needed used and threw it in. Next time, I'll leave it out.)