Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Check.

1. Go to work.-Check

2. Teach an extra hour and a half for the kids who couldn't be bothered to pass the class the first (or even second) time darlings. -Check

3. Race like a mad person to the bus so the boy child does not get returned to the depot. -Check

4. I just realized I have an "unaccounted for" 20 minutes. Hmmm... Oh wait. That is when I was searching the house for the cap/gown I'm supposed to wear tomorrow for graduation. It's new. It was on the table. We cleaned picked up on Saturday and, until this afternoon, it was lost. Finally found it in a shopping bag with a drill. Totally logical. I was going to have to be "sick" tomorrow if I couldn't find it. So glad. Being "sick" on a day one doesn't require a sub would probably require an actual person-person phone call in. And yeah...wasn't going to be up for that. Because, I probably over-do the "sick" sound and well, you know...they'd talk about me all the way down to Constitution Hall.

5. Take boy child to lacrosse practice. -Check

6. Go to grocery store. -Check

7. Stop by Starbucks for energy. (Does it say something if I said I proctored the SAT two towns over and was recognized by our local barista who was testing?)-Check

8. Help girl child fill out her Silver Award paperwork. -Check

9. Listing it all in one line-4 loads of laundry. (Washed, Dried, Folded and put away, thank you very much.) -Check

10. Go through the trouble of trying to place an on-line order for Alicia's Daisy troop patches only to find out they want $20 to ship something that probably costs less than $5 to actually mail. Not doing it. Who do these Girl Scout people think they are anyway? Put in the back of my mind something that really can't be put off any longer. -Check

11. Deliver Silver Award paperwork. -Check

12. Pick up boy from lacrosse. -Check

13. Cook dinner. (I did an o.k. job of hiding the chicken. They ate it without complaint.) -Check

14. Iron that stupid gown.-Check

15. Wash dishes. -Check

16. Count the animals to make sure none are missing. -Check

17. Take my after-dark walk. -Check

18. Sleep-Pending

This is pretty much my day...everyday. It doesn't make any sense I can't get anything done during the summer when I have all the time in the world. Summer is in two weeks. I'm worried. Left to my own devices, it isn't good. Need a plan. Otherwise it's me in my p.j.'s at 3 in the afternoon looking at the kids because they grow too loud to ignore and suggesting foods like ramen noodles and jello.


Dinner=chicken fried rice, Szechuan green beans and watermelon