Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, June 4, 2011

White

Earlier, I didn't list everything I bought, just the stuff I was most happy with. Some things...there just isn't much to say about them; or so I thought.

It's not news to me one is supposed to serve food on a white dish so the dish does not detract or compete with the beauty of the food. But, I didn't have any white dishes and it's hard to justify such a purchase when one already has 4 full sets of dishes (2 that never get used). I guess I forgot about that when I was at that yard sale. I saw 3 boxes of white dishes and just bought them. I didn't really even look at them. Just saw they were white and that was enough. I was so excited about them I couldn't even be bothered to bring them from the car and into the house for awhile. When I finally got around to that and unpacked them, I had to sit down. No way did these people know what they just sold me.

For $10, I got all of this:


They are obviously a collection someone had going (there are various markings on the bottoms).


So ummm...yeah...a gazillion pieces of vintage ironstone for $10. They've obviously been used as there are some chips and whatnot, but many pieces (at least half) are in good condition.

So beautiful. I love the little handles.
As much as I'd like to keep each and every piece, there is someone I love (who loves Ironstone) who has a birthday later this summer. I picked out 4 cups and saucers. I'm wondering if I'll be able to wait until her birthday to give them to her.
And the obligatory food post; dinner. This is one of my "cheater" dinners. It takes all of about 10 minutes to make. It's just a salad of grape tomatoes, cucumber, black olives, cubed mozzarella, red onion, red bell pepper and salt and pepper. I usually put basil in it, but evidently chickens like basil. I went to my garden to get some and there isn't a single plant (out of the 15 I planted) left.