Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Southern Traditions

Sometimes, when you visit a church, they give you something (as a souvenir?). Typically, it's something like a Bible or a tract or maybe a small cross. In the south, they give out cookbooks.

To get the full picture, you sort of have to imagine a passel of really old ladies running across the narthex (except they don't call it a narthex in the Baptist Church...lobby?), all with a cookbook in hand, each hoping to be the one who gets to give it to my unsuspecting self; picture a 19 year old off the base (Keesler AFB) just trying to sneak into the back pew.

I love this cookbook. It contains nothing exotic, just simple recipes compiled by regular people. I'm not a big cookbook user (even though I have many), but this one gets used. The folks at my house gobble up these banana muffins and they are so easy.


I'm too lazy to write out the recipe. Click on it and maybe it will be readable. I'm telling you, it's easy.

What goes with banana muffins for dinner? Tofu tacos. O.k...not really. But we were already going to have them before I decided something needed to be done with the last two bananas still kicking around on the counter.