Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chicken Again?

So, sometime during the winter, I purchased what I thought was probably the lamest contraption ever; an indoor grill. Because our propane grill takes forever to cook something when it is cold and standing out in the cold while waiting for said thing to cook is not something I want to do. I don't think we ever used it. Maybe once.

Is it even more lame that it is now HOT outside and I've fallen in love with my indoor grill? Because, for real, who wants to stand out in the heat when there are other things that can be done? I discovered I can clean and grill at the same time. How awesome is that? (And then there is the fact we don't even have any propane.)


My family would like anything for dinner that isn't chicken. I happen to prefer chicken. I do the cooking, so chicken it is. A lot. Presentation seems to help. Maybe it tastes less like chicken if it's on a stick?


The problem with cooking stuff on sticks is that it takes too long and yeah...I got stuff to do. After the obligatory stick cooking, I just dumped the rest right on. No stick, but more flavor. I'm hiding the leftovers in the back of the fridge for my lunch.

Seriously, the easiest dinner ever for the taste. The only thing to do is marinate chicken breast in pineapple juice and soy sauce. I don't measure, just pour some in. Add some chunked up pineapple (from a can, even), red bell pepper and onion. Grill. It's that easy.