Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Friday, June 24, 2011

A post as long as my day.

Today was a day of parties.

My kids both have birthdays during lacrosse season and if you know anything about lacrosse season, you know it's not a time where parties can happen.

So, back to back, we had them today.

Part I.

(Click on the pictures to make them bigger Grandma.)
The girl's was first. The theme was kind of like that Cake Boss bake-off show. We started with a zillion cupcakes and decorating accoutrements, four categories of competition and a whole lot of creativity.

You know there was a MESS before it was all said and done.
There was voting.
The winners:
Feeling so blessed to have a child as old as she is who still thinks having a little party at the house is fun.

Part II.

The boy's party. I have less pictures I can post...because I feel weird about posting other people's kids on my blog. Trying to be as "faceless" as possible here. Most of my pictures have faces.

Basically picture 12 children running around my yard, through my house and back again with super soakers and water balloons. (Somebody please remind my children of this when they grow up and try to tell stories that I was never fun. It is true that I am rarely fun, but I have my moments.)
My house is currently wet-ish.

We played a game where bubble gum was hidden in plates of whipped cream. With their hands behind their backs, they had to find the gum, pick it up, chew it and blow a bubble. Hilarious! (Note that I had them do this out in the grass.)
Made by me during the aforementioned cupcake jamboree.
In the end, he said it was his "second favorite party". (Some junky, filthy, noisy, sticky amusement place when he was turning 6 will always take first place. For some reason, I'm o.k. with that. Maybe, because going to a place like that doesn't sound all that unattractive next year when I'm thinking about it at this moment.)