Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Colette's Sorbetto

You know what's awesome? Being able to make a new top in less time than it takes to do a load of laundry.

This is my second Sorbetto. (I didn't show the first. I was waiting to finish a skirt to go with it and then..well...I got sidetracked by something shiny.)

My first one fit better (with all my adjustments, I should have made the 6 instead of the 8.), but for that one I just followed the pattern. I would have done the same for this, but I didn't have enough fabric. The pattern calls for 1.5 yards. I had a smidgen over a yard.

1. I took out the front pleat.

2. I did some unconventional laying out.

3. I put in a mock button back since there was no way to cut it without a seam with the amount of fabric I had.

4. There wasn't anyway to match the pattern at the seams. But, I'm cool with that.

This is the perfect pattern for a really quick/easy top.