Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, October 8, 2011

I said "yes".


My child is going to a dance. With a boy. A year and a half before the age I previously said she was officially allowed to do so.

If I rationalize it, I could say it's just a dance and not "dating", right? Because 14 is too young to be dating. I didn't change my mind on that yet.

Or, perhaps I could just file this whole event with all those other things I said I would not be doing as a parent and then ended up doing anyway.-Because when I said it, it was long before we were there and once we were there, whatever it was I had forbidden didn't seem as outrageous as when I had decreed it would not be.

Or, I could tell you about how I handled the boy thing in my own teenage years. Yeah, I could do that. But, I won't. Because...uh...yeah. That was not good.

Just trying to embrace reality.

She's going to a dance with a boy. I wasn't ready for this. At least I have two weeks to get used to the idea? Maybe one of you can come stay with me that night and help me through it?

Some of you are probably rolling your eyes over the drama. But you have to understand. I only have one girl. It's going to take an incredible boy that will even come close to matching her worth. It probably goes without saying he's going to need to be brave, as well.