Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, October 20, 2011

Eating Fire

Here's how it goes around here:

I buy bananas, because I think we should have them around. Because my kid decided to become a runner and they are good for runners to eat. And because everyone else likes them. I'm not a huge fan, but will eat one occasionally. At any rate, there are only two scenarios. Either they get eaten faster than I can bring them in or the turn black while we all stare at them. The latter is common.

So then I am forced to do something with them. The obvious is banana bread. You already read about that on Monday.

But, my people are kind of spoiled or tired of banana bread, because they are all like "Really??? Banana Bread?".

So then I am forced to do something with the banana bread. Today, it was banana bread French Toast. I took a picture, but it's too blurry. You all don't need one anyway. You've seen French Toast before.

I have no idea how it tasted. I'm not a huge fan of banana bread and even less of a fan of French Toast. The kids ate it. One of them was all "Why did you have to use banana bread to make this? (in a voice that let me know she'd have preferred cheap, white bread)"...but she ate it. Which means (in 14 year old girly speak) that it tasted fine.

That's confirmation it was breakfast two nights in a row for my kids (for all of you keeping count).



The rest of us (Ryan and I) had this Indian-ish kind of dish that came from taking a few liberties with a vegetable biryani recipe. I'm not Indian and am not even going to pretend I can tell authentic from not even authentic-ish. All I know is that it was good.

And tasted like fire.

In the world of "tasted like fire", it was only half as fiery as the stuff I got at the Jamaican joint. A place where business all but stopped when I said I wanted the spicy (and they all stared at me). And then, as I was eating it, it occurred to me that perhaps that was a bad idea. But, for the record, I went the following day and did it again. I love fiery food.