Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Using stuff up.


Weird stuff in my pantry. I don't know why we have the mushrooms. The peppers came home with Ryan after I sent him for pablamo peppers awhile back. Ummmm...these are not what I wanted. The giant star of anise...I like the way they smell and they are pretty. What other reason did I need to buy them? Need to come up with ideas to use these things up.


Much easier to use up is old fruit.


The lazy way to use it is to feed it to the chickens.


Or the kids. These aren't the right kind of apples for a crisp, but who cares? My kids didn't know the difference.


Making one is easy-peasy. Just slice some apples and stir in some cinnamon and sugar. Make the "crisp" with a random mixture of oatmeal, flour, some spices and sugar. I put in some butter. I don't think you have to. Bake at whatever temperature the oven is already going at until it looks done.


Is it outrageous we've eaten 1/4 lb of cinnamon since the end of July? I bought it at some Amish grocery in Missouri. Not a tourist-y type Amish Market, but a real Amish grocery.


The filling for dinner...tofu tamale pie (almost vegan).


Hungry? Apple crisp, banana bread and the tofu tamale pie (I filled the pan too full and it kind of ran over.).


I'm thinking somebody else should wash the dishes.