Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, October 15, 2011

Le Potager (of shame)







1. What you should know about chickens: They are nearly impossible to photograph; especially en masse. One minute they'll all be looking right at you and by the time you can push the button on your camera, one is showing its butt and a ray of sunshine is blinding the rest. Not complaining about the sun. We haven't seen it enough this fall and today has been GORGEOUS.

2. I totally neglected my garden this year. First it was lacrosse season and then FUSE Camp and then a roadtrip. Then it was too hot and then it didn't rain. Then it rained and rained and rained. All the while, the deer feasted. Maybe next year.

3. I thought my basil garden had died. The plants looked dead. And then the rains came. It's really time to get it all in and make pesto, but I don't have any pinenuts. Totally mulling over how it would be with walnuts since I have a couple of bags of them in the freezer.

4. I'm sure Proverbs 31 probably says something about my duty of growing food for my family and whatnot. (I'd go look, but then I'd be reminded of my other failures.) Or maybe I could just say "It doesn't say what kind of food I had to provide." Because, I could totally make a rockin' meal with peppers, green tomatoes and one string bean. Maybe. It probably goes without saying my girls stopped laying right when I was ready to pull in this bountiful harvest and therefore I don't even have eggs to help out that meal, right?

5. Tomatillos. They are prolific. There are millions of them out there. Except none of them got ripe. What's up with that?

6. To sum it all up...there's always next year.