Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My house smells like ginger.

I had planned to have salad for dinner. Like a normal salad. But the lettuce was edging on slimy, so...


We had stir-fried vegetables, edamame, vegetable dumplings (I found lurking in the back of the freezer. I must have bought them at the Asian Market at some point. Is it bad I have no idea where they came from?) and miso soup. Oh. And a little dip I was experimenting with.

I have this thing for salad dressings in Japanese restaurants and always think I'll try to recreate them later. By taste. Because I don't even know the names of them to look up a recipe. But then I never get around to it.

Until today.

This came pretty close.

Sesame Ginger Carrot Dip

(Guestimations...I don't do a whole lot of measuring.)

2 small cloves of garlic
1/4 of a medium sweet onion
1 carrot
1-2" of peeled, fresh ginger
1/4-1/2 tsp of dry mustard
a few shakes of tamari
2 tsp of apple juice
1 tsp of sesame oil
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
a little salt and pepper

I threw all the solids in my little food chopper and processed until everything was coursely ground. Added the liquids and processed until creamy.

Turns out it tastes good on everything...even a spoon straight out of the bowl.