Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend Recap











Once in awhile, the "weekend of productivity" happens.

I left a lot out. Like Friday. Friday was crazy. And the most mundane things...grocery shopping multiple times, fixing the headlight, cutting the grass, fresh laundry and sheets for everyone, Halloween costumes taken care of, power outage...If I would have known all this was going to happen, I would have documented it all. Because, who knows when I'll do all of this again in a single weekend?

Cross Country County Finals...she didn't race. Her knee is hurt. But, we were there. :-)

Pupusas...yeah, I could make them. But for $1.25 each, why? You have to know where to go to get a good pupusa. Some pupusarias are, well..., not good. This one? One of the best I know.

Homecoming.

Planting salad sprouts. Everything else left to plant is bulbs. These will last only for a bit.

LAX...because the day was gorgeous.

Cleaning up the last bits of Irene. Yeah, I know Irene happened a long time ago. Cleaning up just didn't happen.

Butternut squash...you know I love it. The last time I made this salad, I steamed it. Roasted is far better and no problem to do. Peel it, dice it, toss with a little olive oil, sea salt, fresh garlic and herbs and roast at 500 until it's done. This squash gets so sweet. I just remembered this salad is supposed to have pepitas. Oh well, we forgot to notice.