Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vegan Mayonaise

So, I made this "salad dressing" the other day using silken tofu (and had it in my mind it was going to turn out like dressing one pours over salad) and it turned out almost exactly like mayonaise. Except way less disgusting than actual mayonaise.

And then I thought about it and realized some people call mayonaise "salad dressing". Now it makes sense.

That was Monday. I split it in half. I left some plain (in the event we need mayonaise or something) and the other half I blended with basil from the garden.

It's more like a dip, but the flavor is good. This definitely has potential. And it's close enough to Miracle Whip my kids will never know the difference.

It couldn't be easier to make.

Put the ingredients in the food processor (or blender) and blend until smooth and creamy.

1 box of silken tofu
4 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp rice vinegar (or whatever kind of vinegar you have)
1 garlic clove
1 tsp stone ground mustard
1/2 tsp of salt


Dinner=Spinach salad with the aforementioned basil dressing/dip, Brussel's Sprouts and carrot/ginger/cashew soup (from a box...gimme a break...I can't be a chef every night. ;-) )

And because I'm running a restaurant....and because a mutiny is bound to happen if I cut them off animal products totally...and because I feel like they need significantly more calories than what we ate:


The kids had ham/cheese omelettes with toasted banana bread spread with Nutella.