Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tandoori Chicken



First(and totally unrelated to chicken), proof kids will just do something because they want to. Regardless of comfort. Because you know this couldn't have been comfortable.


This recipe looked promising. It had all the components of something I knew would turn out good. I started making it last night. We ate it tonight.

The reviews:

Jac- "It tastes like those orange flowers in your herb garden." "Nasturtiums?" "Yeah, nasturtiums." (Has he been secretly eating my flowers?)

Joey (Who pretty much wouldn't eat anything for the first 5 years of his life and now is like a human garbage disposal. Seriously, He'll eat anything.)-"It's delicious. Do you think I could take one home?" I sent him home with three sticks.
Alicia (Her reviews of food are not reliable. She has a limited palate.)- "I don't like it." (Insert everyone's surprise here.)

Ryan- "Tastes like something I'd spend good money on. Tastes like lunch from Moby Dick's." (This is where I started getting suspicious of my own opinions.)

Joey's mom (By now I'm just calling it "chicken on a stick" while I'm forcing a plate of them into her hands...to get them out of my house.) -"This tastes like something I've had before. The flavor. Tandoori chicken."

At that point, I realized I evidently don't like Tandoori Chicken. Huh. Who knew? I love Indian food, but always order vegetarian. If this is what Tandoori Chicken is supposed to taste like...blah.