Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

1 Hour


I'm just going to say it. Occasionally I am mean to the animals. My mean-ness sometimes includes ponytails. And sometimes we laugh. And then sometimes the ponytailed animal feels bad, because she knows we are laughing at her. And then sometimes I feel bad and take out the ponytails. But, for real...what's cuter than a ponytailed dog? Oh yeah. A well-groomed dog that isn't so shaggy she nearly forces you to get out the comb and rubber bands.

More on topic:

Somebody told me today they are in hibernation mode and don't I get like that when summer is ending? Umm...no. Because "hibernation mode" was defined as coming home from work and falling asleep on the couch in one's p.j.'s everyday after work. Who has time for that?

After I left work, I ran to the store, went to the dentist and then picked up Jac from the bus; I had exactly an hour until I was going to leave again to go hang out with the Yada Girls. (I would have had less, but my other kid offered to walk home in the rain and I let her. Is that bad?) During that hour, the carpet cleaners were here (trying to tell me technical stuff about my carpet in Spanish...which didn't work all that well)and I cooked dinner. Oh, and I took my kid to youth group. And then I looked at my texts (on my way to YG) and discovered the Yada Girls weren't meeting tonight. Turns out...I have all the time in the world. Or, a couple of hours anyway. Well, maybe one. And then I have to go pick up a kid.

Anyway. Hibernate? That's laughable.


Dinner was simple. Broccoli and red bells sauteed in olive oil and tons of garlic. I put it on pasta as it seemed like the right thing to do. But turns out we could have just skipped the pasta. Next time.


And pear cake. Because I had these pears walking around and threatening to attract fruit flies on my counter. I normally feed them to my chickens when they get like this, but I had this idea...pear cake. Turns out, somebody had that idea before me. Why reinvent the wheel? Her pictures are prettier, but whatever.