Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, May 8, 2011

This was supposed to be a Mother's Day Post, but...umm...yeah...it's not.

It's interesting. I don't remember anything about Mother's Day last year. Weird.

1. I have the best friends. (Just to be clear, I spent approximately 37.something of my years thinking I didn't need any people in my life. "Too much trouble", I said. I was wrong. Oh, I was so wrong.)

My friend made me this beautiful basket. She probably didn't even know that lavendar is one of my favorite scents and that I threw away my old (and smelled badly) travel mug on Friday (and forgot to buy a new one over the weekend). I was in a funky mood this morning and she totally brightened my day. I love you Diane Weaver.


2. There's too much to say about this. For those not in the know, these cards were passed out for Mother's Day at the church. Each card was different and they were prayed over with the hopes each woman would get the verse they were meant to have. I got Philippians 4:6-7.

Back in the day (some odd 20ish years ago when I had some convuluted idea of who God is, but I relied on Him to some extent anyway), I had those verses written in my ATO (Airman Training Order). In basic training, when we were marching around or standing around or pretending to not look around or whatever...I would be saying those verses over and over to myself in my head. Whenever we were supposed to be reading that ATO (which was pretty much anytime we were still enough to open it), I would be reading those verses over and over. Basic training was a little rough for me...because I don't like people telling me what to do (duh?). The military isn't the place for somebody with that kind of issue (duh?). These verses got me through those 6 weeks. They got me through a lot of things in my earlier life.

In my current world, I'm all caught up with trying to memorize other things. But, today I am reminded, these will always be my verses.

3. Last year, I was part of an on-line group of people (We met through a sewing board 10+ years ago and have remained friends.) who were all selecting a word for the year. Just one word to focus on. I was newly happy and chose the word "Be" (as in "just be" and stop worrying about/thinking about anything I didn't like or want to do.) It later got expanded to "Be still and know...", but that's not the story I'm telling right now.

This year, I couldn't think of a word. I had almost settled on a phrase, but that wasn't quite right either. It came to me this past week. My word is "wait". Miss E (I love you too, Miss E!) finds it somewhat humorous I had to wait for my word and my word turned out to be "wait". I'm not really fun like that, but I do see the irony. I also realize I'm not all that good at waiting (as was mentioned in a previous post).