Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"The Most"

I'm not sure how many days are left of school. Usually, I've started a countdown something or other by now in anticipation of summer. For some reason, I don't want this school year to end. I have no idea what's up with that.
This is a telling note. (Click on it so you can read it.) It's all fine and good until you get to that part about "the most". "The most" is teenage slang (possibly cultural since I've never heard my own kid say it) and contextually means something like "too much". For example, if I gave out an assignment that required more than minimal effort (or any effort at all, actually) they might say something like "You are the most." (This is not a compliment.) To say I am not "the most" is an attempt to say something good-from the perspective of said teenager. Umm...so I'm not doing "the most". Read between the lines on that one.

They are convinced I'm not white. This is a compliment from their perspective. Before they decided I am obviously black, they were convinced I was Asian...because there was no way I could possibly be white. To clarify, I'm white.
I'm not sure what this is about. She taped it up next to the security call button-maybe there's some meaning in that? It's a drawing of a girl in a weird hat standing in a thunderstorm. That's all I've got.

This totally cracks me up every time I look at it. Someone asked me what my favorite bird was and then gave me this drawing of a flamingo. The part I find funny is the dramatic signature on a simple line drawing. (Bonus Question: How many different spellings of my name can you find in today's post?)
Just being real. It wouldn't be fair of me to give you an incomplete picture.
I built this table yesterday. It had significant issues (a frequent result when one approaches instructions as if they are mere suggestions). I messed around with it today and now it has fewer issues. Maybe the next one will be perfect. Tomorrow: four bar stools to go around it.
Dinner=Fried Potatoes and Onions with Chickpeas and Bratwurst Seasoned with Curry.