Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stop This Chicken!

(This is a borderline creepy picture of Marigold; doesn't it look like she could be plotting something malicious? This post has nothing to do with her. I just needed a chicken picture and well...I guess having a supply of chicken pictures is one of the many benefits of owning chickens.)

I spent last week wandering about in the desert of my own little world trying to make sense of things that don't. I was so deep in that desert I had to drop almost completely out of this world to get there. I did journey back, but the walk was long (despite the relatively short amount of time I was gone)and I came back with an empty hand. I was exhausted and ready to just settle for that.

To my detriment, I'm a thinker. Everything must be analyzed. Everything must be profound.

I like evidence. Visible evidence.

I like explanation.

I nearly require logic.

Why? Why must I make everything difficult?

Sometimes I don't even know I've made something difficult.

Such a time was today. "Stop this chicken!" (Said in a deliberate voice.) And somehow everything I've been grasping for (which has been in front of me all along and yet I could not grab hold) was still enough for me to pick up.

I realize none of this makes any sense to any of you. It makes sense to me.

And now I don't have to settle for less than what I know is mine.