Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Taste the Rainbow


As an experiment, I hurt my back and lay around the house for about a month; just to see what would happen. 

I should mention I suck at keeping house.  I'm really bad about it.  Mostly, because I just don't care about cleaning as much as I care about ANYTHING else.  Even so, it would be nice to have one horizontal surface (floor included) in this joint that wasn't piled so high with junk I'm fearing for my life at every turn.  Need I even bother mentioning the rest of them suck at cleaning, as well?

I'm feeling somewhat better.  I can walk for longer periods of time without my one foot pretending to be like that wheel (you know that wheel) on the faulty shopping cart that just goes all over the place without direction taking the whole cart (or, in this case, my body) with it. 

I no longer have to lean on the shopping cart the entire time I am in the store in order to remain upright-ish

The reward for this combo was that 3 of us ate it (at least pieces of it) without drama.  Jac...he went on some jag about how his eyes turn purple when he doesn't eat meat.  I told him that was a result of him staying up later than he should, but you can't tell him anything.  Especially when he's scouring all the food spots for "canned meat".  He found a can of chicken, so we remain drama free.  Ten bucks his eyes are still purple tomorrow.

Szechuan green beans, black rice pilaf, butternut squash soup and strawberries