Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, May 13, 2012

From your food to your flamingos...

A little update on things...It took a month, but that chiropractic finally worked.  I've gone from not being able to walk at all, to being able to walk (under the influence of more pain medication than I told anyone I was taking) to being able to pretty much function mostly as my normal self without any medication.  How awesome is that?  My regular dr. told me "You should really consider surgery."  Wonder what he'll have to say about that when I see him in June for my physical. ;-)


Ryan made me lunch: Ezekiel bread with almond butter and bananas.  He ground up and sprinkled raw cacao nibs on his.  It never even occurred to me to put in a request for such.  Next time...



Can you believe they are this big already?  A month ago they were furry, little ping pong ball sized. 



The story of this project is that I bought all the wood for the table and chairs awhile ago.  I made the table and then got bored of the project and did not make the chairs.  But, then I saw this bench I want to build and was ready to go buy the wood to make it.  Guilt set in when I remembered I already had a stack of wood  on the porch that was supposed to get used up first.   

One thing about me is that I'm not good at making multiples of anything.  I just want to make one and move on. 

Four chairs =I got really bored. 

Ryan ended up doing most of the construction.  I cut and painted and after the first chair...lost interest.  It happens.  A lot, around here....  We still need to fill all the holes, sand and add another coat of paint, but I'm going to call it close enough to done to buy the next pile of wood.



What else is there to say?  (Other than I don't have any flamingos.  They are my favorite bird, but I do not have any.)