Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Monday, May 14, 2012

Eating is one of my hobbies.



I'm only talking about dinner today.  Mostly, because the only other interesting part of my day is just for me.  ;-)  Well...there was that interesting part about meeting a real live child named "Snooki", but I don't have anything nice to say about that and therefore will just say nothing here.

Portobello and asparagus fajitas.  No real recipe and the asparagus only got included when I realized we still had it and it needed to be eaten.  I would not have thought about asparagus in fajitas, but it wasn't bad.  Basically slice up a few portobellos and whatever vegetables you have on hand.  I mixed a little salsa with them and some cumin.  While grilling, I sprinkled them with Himalayan Pink Salt (I'm sure regular salt would do.).  And guac.  Because you already know I could live only on avocados.  I cheat with the guac.  I just mash up some avocado, throw in a handful of grape tomatoes, a little onion and garlic and call it good.

Dessert was a pumpkin chocolate chip brownie type thing.  Vegan, of course.  I'll link to the recipe later.  I'm too tired to look for it now.