Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, May 24, 2012

Catching Up...







It has been a few days...

For an update:

1.  After a long 12 hours, my boy brought home the U11 SMYLA Championship Trophy.  I'm sure there is more identifying information than that, but that's all you need to know.  Unfortunately, I missed the final game (the one they lost by a goal in overtime last year...just missing the championship), because I was at the ER.  I seem to be going through a time of being tested by some unwellness.

2.  Pita chips and hummus...pretty sure he thought we were just going to eat them on Sunday.  I think they may have become a staple around here the past few days when the only other thing I was offering was a supply of vegan frozen dinners from Trader Joe's.

3.  Wondering if that is what Jac will look like when he's knocking on 40...hmmm...

4.  Finishing up the last project at school.  It's hard to believe it's almost over.  Every year goes faster and faster...

5.  I did manage to cook one meal; vegetable pot pie.  The biscuit recipe (being vegan and all) turned out more like dumplings than biscuits.  The flavor of the vegetable part...it was o.k.  I'm going to put it in the category of "kid friendly".  I typically like my food to have some depth in flavor.  As is, this didn't live up.  However, I think it's workable.  Yes, we had corn with a dish that already had corn in it.  There isn't much to say about that.  Jac wanted it.  So, why not?  Coming from Iowa, I'm a corn snob and I don't often find good corn here.  This was excellent.

6.  Truly awesome visit with my chiropractor.  Have I bragged about him enough?  He fixed me.  Today he did a scan and almost everything is back in normal range.  Which is a far cry from the "You will need surgery to fix this" that I was unwilling to believe.  So glad I didn't buy into that.

7.  Working on my garden...I'm late getting it in (and it's not even a huge garden), but it's coming along.  Pictures for sure over the weekend.