Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Sunday, May 27, 2012

Busy Weekend

It's not often I'm so busy and don't have much to share.  For the sake of my grandma (who told me this morning she checks here every day for updates), this is what there is.  I left out the fridge cleaning, the yard work, cleaning out under the deck, going to the dump....fun stuff.


I showed you the first picture last year.  It makes me laugh every time I look at it.  I call it the "A&F Wannabe" picture.  Something went way wrong with this year's attempt to capture that same moment, lol.


Not that you haven't already seen my dining room full of board painting in progress and you've seen it in this color, no less.  Different project, though.  Hopefully one that gets finished tomorrow.

The major problem with trying to eat vegan happens on those days when so much has already happened by dinner that I don't feel like cooking.  Even now, I would have like to say "Hey.  The kids are farmed out to various places (eating meat, I'm sure) and we've done a lot today.  Let's just go out and get a bite."  But, I'm not a purist.  Ryan is a purist.  Going out in this town would mean he'd just end up ordering a bowl of $9 lettuce.  So, after much hemming and hawing and trying to avoid acknowledging we hadn't eaten dinner, I realized I could just fry up some stuff and call it good.  20 minutes later, it was good.

Asparagus, onion, carrot, red pepper, pineapple and tofu in a sauce I sort of invented with random stuff.