Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Son Spot-Part 1










All truth:

1. I did not want to go. I was loud about it. I stalled us. I whined and complained and at the last minute made us waste some time at Wal-Mart to avoid having to be there. I really did not want to go.

2. I was not really all that open to getting anything from the experience. God had already done amazing things in my life this summer (at FUSE Camp which I never blogged about, because I'm still processing all of that) and I didn't think I needed anything else.

3. I'm a little immature and presumptuous?

4. I don't like the beach and that includes sand, water, heat, noise, chaos, etc... Yeah, I'm really not a beach person.

5. I spent about 30 hours of not wanting to be there. And then God changed me.

6. Incredible stuff happened. Unlike FUSE Camp, where God was speaking to me very loudly (figuratively) and plainly, He was very quiet with me in (loud and chaotic) Ocean City. At FUSE Camp I was given gifts I could identify and describe. At Son Spot, I was given much, but can't find words to be able to tell you anything about it. How awesome is it that I can't qualify what I was given and yet I know those gifts are no fewer or less valuable than what I was given at FUSE Camp? How ridiculous was I to think I had already been given what I needed at FUSE Camp and therefore didn't need anything more? Sometimes I wonder about me.

7. I'm home now. I'm thinking about what I'd be doing at this exact moment in time if I was still there. We'd be out on the boardwalk, talking to people, praying for people and watching God move. For all the complaining I did about having to go there, that is where I want to be now.