Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Brocolli and Butternut Squash Salad


Ryan says it's a winner.

You all know, by now, how I cook...no measurements, just some of this and some of that. Try it. It works out.

Rinse and drain one can of black beans. You are going to mix the dressing with the beans and let it all marinate a bit while the squash and brocolli is cooking.

To the beans add some pressed garlic (I used a lot...we love garlic.), fresh rosemary, thyme and a little dried basil (because the deer ate my fresh). Add some olive oil. I don't know how much. Maybe like 1/4 cup. Just eyeball it. Add some sea salt. Let all of that sit.

Peel and cube a butternut squash (I used a large squash.). Steam it and some fresh brocolli (in separate pans) until both are tender.

Toss gently with the bean mixture and a couple of handfuls of toasted pumpkin seeds.

I served it warm.