Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Green Beans

I don't think I ever ate green beans cooked this way until I was an adult. It is probable I wasn't even aware there was another way to cook them other than the "boil forever with ham/bacon and red potatoes" (which is delicious). That recipe was a staple of my childhood.

We like them like this.


Making them is non-scientific:

Take the ends off the beans and saute them in sesame oil. Toss with fresh pressed garlic (I use several cloves), sea salt and red pepper flakes. For these, I added a dash of soy sauce and a little sweet chili sauce and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.

I was hoping there would be some left for lunch today. There wasn't.