Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cabbage Rolls

Because I have 5 heads of cabbage in my fridge (My neighbor keeps bringing it over.) and needed to find something to do with some of it.

So I started thinking of things one can do with cabbage.

Until today, I'd never eaten cabbage rolls. I've seen them and have had the opportunity, they just never looked like something I wanted to eat.

I used the first recipe that showed up on Google. This one. I'm not up on Eastern European foods, so I don't know what they are supposed to taste like. These taste like a porcupine meatball encapsulated in cabbage...obviously delicious. Good thing I made a ton of them...enough for tonight's dinner and continuous snacking, a pan for the neighbors and another pan to put in the freezer for some other time.



I was doing a little research on them (Because what else would someone do during a hurricane?) and discovered Northwest Europeans eat them with sweet fillings like lingon berry jam. The idea of cabbage and jam doesn't sound all that great, does it? I also discovered there is a group called "Kåldolmens vänner" which means "friends of the cabbage roll". Not sure what that is all about, buy hey...if they rock your world that much, who am I to judge?