Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of School

First...what did you do during Irene? (Because if I don't post all my stuff in today's post, I'm going to be behind.) We ate. Before, during and after. A lot of junk. It's back to vegan today, though.

Jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. I got this recipe off some blog (which one?) and it couldn't be easier. 3 ingredients, stuff, wrap, bake at 450 until the bacon is done. So good.

Ryan has been in charge of taking the "First Day of School" pictures since I went back to work. Some years, he does a better job at it than others. This wasn't one of those years. Ahem. One of the prices I pay for being a working mom, I guess.



Lastly, cranberry/orange muffins. I started feeling guilty I've always made my kids pack their own lunches. I've vowed to do that myself this year. One day down...179 more to go, lol. Packing lunches is not something I enjoy. Because...what are you supposed to put in them? A boring sandwich every day? Blah. It occurred to me today...muffins. Who doesn't like muffins? And there are so many possibilities.

I'm trying to take back the 9 o'clock hour. That means I'm "off the clock" at 9 pm to read. This getting up at 4:30 am kills me.