Pages

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. -Proverbs 1:7

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost you all you have, get understanding.-Proverbs 4:7


Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yesterday's Random-ness

1. I just realized I didn't get dressed yesterday. I don't want to say it, but this is usually the big, red flag that tells me I need to go back to work where people force structure upon me.

2. I had pulled a semi-all-nighter on Monday night. Went to bed at dawn yesterday and got up a couple hours later. All in the name of cleaning; which I did do. But, I'm not done. I did clean out my spice cabinet. I found some crazy stuff in there.

3. While cleaning and organizing, I realized we should eat up the food we already have. I was trying to be like my Mormon friends and stockpile a ton of food. Which is all good...unless you never eat any of it. We need to eat some of it. So...I decreed "No more trips to the grocery store except for once a week to buy milk and fresh produce." There was a resounding sigh of discontent shadowed by the hope this will be yet another one of those times I decree something and then don't follow through. I'm following through.

One thing you should know in order to get a full understanding of the magnitude of this: I have an intimate relationship with Safeway and visit her daily. There's a lot I could describe of this relationship, but I don't want to lest y'all think I'm weird.

But, I digress...the day turned into a lazy day after that initial cleaning spark. I have no idea what I did to pass the afternoon, but I did cook dinner; lentils with carrots and tiny corn muffins. (There was a resounding cry of distress from the masses..."Lentils! Why are you always cooking lentils?") Truthfully, I don't even know when I last cooked lentils. But, tonight reminded me I should make them more often. My apologies to the masses comes with the statement "There's peanut butter in the Apocolypse Closet".



Have you any idea how hard it is to cook with a big, fat cat underfoot?